Palmetto Golf Course is a Par-70 Championship Miami course, built on 121 acres, running parallel to US-1, south of SW 152nd Street. The 18-hole course, designed by Dick Wilson and built in 1959 by developers Porter, Russell and Wagor, was purchased by Miami-Dade County in 1967.
This facility has a serpentine canal system that flows across and alongside tree-lined fairways, making this an attractive, as well as challenging course to play. The golf course also offers a 22-position, lighted driving range, lighted putting green, a spacious clubhouse and a fully-stocked golf shop. Equipment rentals are available. Golf lessons, clinics, and junior golf camps are offered by Crandon Golf Academy.
Lunch, refreshments and dinner are served at the on-site Sports Grill.